Diagnostic Sleep Center
Sleep is a necessity. Research shows that most of us need about eight hours of good quality sleep a night to rest our bodies and refresh our minds, so we can perform at our best. And, of course, people simply enjoy a good night’s sleep.
But, many people have real problems with sleep. In fact, 35 million Americans have sleep disorders. The symptoms include inability to fall asleep or stay asleep, snoring and other breathing disorders while sleeping, which can cause drowsiness when we need to be alert. Untreated, these problems can have a devastating effect on the quality of our lives, making us physically and mentally unable to deal with everyday challenges we face. What many people don’t know is that sleep disorders can eventually result in much more serious conditions and health risks such as high blood pressure, respiratory failure, obesity, impotence, strokes and even heart attacks.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas Diagnostic Sleep Center specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. A thorough evaluation is the first step to an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment for your problem. For more information, please call (409) 727-3612.
Examples of Sleep Disorders
Sleep Disorders are a wide range of physical and psychological conditions that keep people from getting sufficient rest. Some of the common conditions we encounter at the Sleep Center include:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA): Inpiduals with OSA snore loudly, have repeated episodes of stoppage of breathing at night due to collapse or blockage of the airway. The OSA sufferer’s sleep is repeatedly interrupted causing poor sleep at night and tiredness during the day.
- Narcolepsy: Indiduals with Narcolepsy have a condition causing severe daytime sleepiness and falling asleep at inappropriate times.
- Insomnia: Inpiduals with Insomnia have an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep.
- Periodic Leg Movements during Sleep: Jerky or active legs while sleeping may cause interrupted sleep.
Common Symptoms of Sleep Disorders
You should consider seeking help if you experience these symptoms:
- Frequent difficulty falling asleep in bed at night Frequent awakening during sleep
- Heavy snoring
- Partner says you stop breathing during sleep
- Dozing off while driving
- Often waking with a headache
- Sleepiness during the day
- Difficulty concentrating at work/school
- Profuse sweating at night
- Leg cramps or “crawling” feeling in legs
- Restless legs that interfere with falling asleep
The important thing to remember if you do suffer from a sleep disorder is that solutions are available. The Medical Center of Southeast Texas Sleep Center is committed to helping you achieve a better night’s sleep.
Sleep Disorders in Children
40 percent of children ages 8 to 10 years old experience some type of sleep disturbance. The Medical Center of Southeast Texas Diagnostic Sleep Center now has the advanced equipment and capabilities to care for children ages seven and up. With our state of the art equipment to care for children, we are reducing the need for our smallest patients and their families to travel outside of our area for testing and treatment.
Diagnostic Sleep Center Locations:
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is proud to offer our patients two Diagnostic Sleep Center locations to better serve them. Call to schedule an appointment today!
2600 Hwy 365, Suite B
Nederland Texas, 77627
6025 Metropolitan Drive
Beaumont, Texas 77706