Before Your Visit
Our hospital offers online Pre-Registration for your upcoming, scheduled visit. Please submit your information at least two business days before your arrival. If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency, go directly to the ER or dial 9-1-1. This form is NOT intended for Emergency Room use.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas currently accepts the following health plans. If your managed healthcare plan is not listed, please contact (409) 853-5922 regarding coverage. Some affiliates may not be listed.
- Accountable Health Plans (PPO)
- Aetna Health, Inc.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (Traditional POS, PPO, HMO)
- Beechstreet Workers Comp
- Beechstreet (PPO)
- CCN-1st Health
- Ship (UHC)
- Choice Care-Humana
- Cigna Health Care (HMO, PPO, POS)
- CoastalComp (PPO, Workers Comp(
- Community Health Choice (Medicaid HMO)
- Corvell (Workers comp)
- Dars (formerly Texas Rehab)
- First Health (PPO, Workers Comp)
- Fox Everett (PPO)
- Galaxy Health Network (PPO)
- Great West Health (PPO, POS, HMO)
- Harbor Hospice-Medicare & Medicaid
- Healthsmart (PPO)
- Houston Healthcare Purchasting Org/PPO Next (PPO)
- Humana PPO, POS & Medicare Advantage
- Mediversal, Inc. (PERCS/Boyd Gaming)Healthsmart
- Memorial Hermann Worklink (Workers Comp)
- Multiplan, Inc(PPO)
- NPN/Medical Resource (PPO)
- NPPN/Plan Vista
- Odyssey Healthcare-Medicare & Medicaid
- PHCS (Private Healthcare Systems)
- Prime Health
- PPO NEXT (aka HHPO, Medical Control)
- SMHPPO, Inc. (i Managed Healthcare, Inc)(PPO)
- Texas Municipal League (PPO, WC)
- Texas Workers Compensation Commission – TWCC
- Texas Plus/Selectcare of Texas (Medicare HMO)
- Texas True Choice/Ethix Southwest (PPO)
- Three Rivers Network
- Tricare (Prime, Standard)
- United Healthcare (PPO, POS)
- United States Coast Guard (PPO)
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas maintains medical records for each patient treated at the hospital. To request your medical records, please visit our Health Information Management department between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, or call 409-853-5494.
Prior to receiving copies of records or authorizing records to be disclosed, you will be asked to complete the appropriate form and provide proof of your identification with a valid, government issued photo ID.
The appropriate form, along with a copy of your proof of identification, may be faxed to 409-853-5914.
Requests for medical records generally take up to 72 hours to process.
The following form should be used for requests to inspect or obtain a copy of one’s own records or those of a patient for whom you are the legal representative.
The following form should be used for requests to disclose medical records to a third party.
Records needed for continuing care purposes do not require the completion of any of the above referenced forms, but rather will be sent directly to your provider.