Is heart disease a part of your future?
You can answer this question with a simple test. The HeartView Scan is a noninvasive way to detect health problems before symptoms occur. The scan takes approximately 10 minutes and is performed on a state-of-the-art 64-slice CT scanner. This test measures the amount of atherosclerotic “plaque” in the coronary arteries. Plaque is the substance that builds within the walls of the arteries and can cause a heart attack if the arteries become blocked. Early detection is the key to treating heart disease. According to the American Heart Association, nearly 2,400 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day – this is an average of one death every 37 seconds.
Give yourself peace of mind and take an active role in your health – call about a HeartView Scan today.
Fast Facts about the HeartView Scan:
- The HeartView Scan requires no advance preparation. A few electrodes are placed on the chest and you will breathe deeply as the scanner captures images of the beating heart and surrounding vessels.
- This test does not require a physician’s order. The cost is $75 and no insurance will be filed. Just call 409-853-5800 to schedule a scan for yourself or a loved one.
- The HeartView Scan will be read by a radiologist and reviewed by a board-certified internist. If the report suggests that a follow up is needed, the physician will contact you to inquire as to whether you have a cardiologist. If not, he will refer you to a cardiologist for a follow-up.
- If at any time you experience chest pain or other warning signs of a heart attack, go to your nearest emergency room for immediate evaluation.
* Test not billed to insurance.
To schedule a HeartView Scan, call 409-853-5800.